2/23/15

New Blogger Policy - Access Restriction!


Hello everyone!

Hm, well this is lame... I just received this email today. Looks like Blogger is altering their policy and will be blocking access to my blog and likely many others in the TG captions community.  I'm going to start looking into other options. Any ideas?

The email I received:

Dear Blogger User,

We're writing to tell you about an upcoming change to the Blogger Content Policy that may affect your account.

In the coming weeks, we'll no longer allow blogs that contain sexually explicit or graphic nude images or video. We'll still allow nudity presented in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts, or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.

The new policy will go into effect on the 23rd of March 2015. After this policy goes into effect, Google will restrict access to any blog identified as being in violation of our revised policy. No content will be deleted, but only blog authors and those with whom they have expressly shared the blog will be able to see the content we've made private.

Our records indicate that your account may be affected by this policy change. Please refrain from creating new content that would violate this policy. Also, we ask that you make any necessary changes to your existing blog to comply as soon as possible, so that you won't experience any interruptions in service. You may also choose to create an archive of your content via Google Takeout (https://www.google.com/settings/takeout/custom/blogger).

For more information, please read here (https://support.google.com/blogger?p=policy_update).

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team

(c) 2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I got this email too - what a piece of s***. I definitely would be looking for another way to provide my captions, let me know what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how explicit is explicit I wonder .. I also use deviantart and tumblr and i know a lot of tgers use imagefap

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot using Tumblr for captions

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might consider hosting a Blog using Wordpress on a Hostgator site. They do allow adult content, and you can even forward your Bloger URL to your new site. My old Lokiscaptions Bloger site does that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Loki. That looks like a promising option!

    Tumblr seems far too limited for my taste. The images are quite small.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear blogger is going down that road on you! I would suggest that in the mean time you use the adult content warning
    that they offer that pops up before visitors gain entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I already have that, Knight. But I think they might go after you, too! Seems most of the TG captions community is being affected. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. WordPress would be the way to go, either hosting it via WordPress.org (I think) or purchasing a domain name ($10/year with Namecheap) and hosting it yourself ($3-7/month). You could likely make that back with ads!

    ReplyDelete